How High, a cult classic film released in 2001, quickly became a favorite among comedy lovers and fans of hip hop culture. The movie stars rappers Method Man and Redman as two underachieving stoners who miraculously gain admission to Harvard University. With its hilarious and sometimes outrageous plot, How High has become known for its memorable and quotable lines that continue to be cherished by fans to this day.
One of the most iconic quotes from the film comes from the character Jamal, played by Redman, who proudly declares, “I’m not a product of my environment. I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” This line captures the theme of the movie, highlighting the resilience and determination of the main characters to defy expectations and succeed against all odds.
Another memorable quote comes from Silas, played by Method Man, who offers his unique perspective on education by saying, “See education, that’s that system we call them teachin’ you about things you ain’t gonna use for the rest of your life unless you become a teacher or somethin’.” This line perfectly encapsulates the irreverent humor of the film, as Silas challenges the traditional notions of education and the value it holds in the real world.
In addition to these unforgettable lines, there are countless other moments in How High that will make you laugh out loud. From comedic one-liners to absurd situations, the film offers a plethora of comedic gold. Whether you’re a longtime fan or discovering How High for the first time, this collection of the funniest lines from the cult classic will surely leave you in stitches.
How High Movie Quotes
|Silas||“Yo, I’m just here to make sure he don’t give away all our ideas, like he always do.”|
|Jefferson Washington||“Man, I’m so high I can watch ‘Planet Earth’ on my eyelids.”|
|Dean Carl Cain||“Oh, now you think you’re better than me because you cook a little crack? Huh?”|
|Smoke||“Oh, look at me! I was high and I fucked my teacher and I’m a genius now!”|
|Bartender||“Hey, you gotta order or get the fuck out of the refrigerator!”|
These quotes from the cult classic movie “How High” will have you laughing out loud. The film follows the adventures of two friends, Silas and Jamal, who discover that smoking a special kind of weed helps them excel academically. The movie is full of hilarious one-liners that have become fan favorites.
- “Yo, I’m just here to make sure he don’t give away all our ideas, like he always do.” – Silas
- “Man, I’m so high I can watch ‘Planet Earth’ on my eyelids.” – Jefferson Washington
- “Oh, now you think you’re better than me because you cook a little crack? Huh?” – Dean Carl Cain
- “Oh, look at me! I was high and I fucked my teacher and I’m a genius now!” – Smoke
- “Hey, you gotta order or get the fuck out of the refrigerator!” – Bartender
These quotes capture the hilarious and irreverent spirit of “How High” and showcase the comedic talents of the actors. Whether you’re a fan of stoner comedies or just looking for a good laugh, these lines are sure to entertain.
A Collection of the Funniest Lines
Here are some of the hilarious lines from the cult classic movie “How High”:
“Yo, mama’s so old, she was a waitress at the Last Supper.” – Silas P. Silas
“Yo, man, I’m so high, I could eat a star.” – Jamal King
“I’ll smoke it with ya, bro. We’ll go to the loony bin together. I don’t give a fuck.” – Jamal King
“I got shorty’s, Gawd’s Gift. And… Bruce Lee, AKA Young Grass Hop.” – Jamal King
“Biology? That’s just a fancy word for ‘sucky life class’.” – Silas P. Silas
“I don’t need no instructions to know how to rock.” – Ivory
These lines perfectly capture the comedic tone of the movie and the witty banter between the characters. Whether it’s Silas’ clever insult or Jamal’s stoner philosophy, “How High” is filled with memorable and funny lines that will have you laughing out loud.
So grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy these hilarious quotes from the cult classic “How High”.
From the Cult Classic
The cult classic film “How High” is known for its hilarious lines and memorable moments. Here are some of the funniest quotes from the movie:
- “I’m gonna get you high today, ’cause it’s Friday; you ain’t got no job… and you ain’t got shit to do!” – Silas
- “I got mind control over Debo. He be like, ‘Shut the fuck up.’ I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.” – Jamal
- “You see this right here? This is ice cream. Do know what I did to get this ice cream? I sucked a dick.” – I Need Money
- “Pill? I don’t take that many pills. I’m not a druggie.” – Bart
- “I just stole on this nigga, son. That’s what happens when you don’t have your library card.” – I Need Money
These quotes capture the irreverent humor and unique style of “How High.” They have become iconic in their own right and are often quoted and referenced by fans of the movie. Whether you’re a fan of stoner comedies or just enjoy a good laugh, “How High” is a must-watch cult classic.
Laugh Out Loud Moments
How High is filled with hilarious moments that are sure to make you laugh out loud. From the opening scene to the end credits, the movie is packed with memorable one-liners and funny situations.
Some of the funniest moments in the film include:
- Silas and Jamal’s first encounter with Ivory: When the two main characters first meet Ivory, a ghost who helps them with their exams, their reactions are priceless. Silas tries to hide his fear, while Jamal can’t help but freak out. The banter between the three characters is hilarious and sets the tone for the rest of the movie.
- Uncle Seymour’s “homegrown” experiment: When Silas and Jamal discover that their friend’s uncle has a secret stash of “homegrown” marijuana, they decide to test it out. The scene that follows, with the two characters getting incredibly high and experiencing bizarre hallucinations, is a comedic masterpiece. Their exaggerated reactions and over-the-top physical comedy make this scene unforgettable.
- The Harvard interview: When Silas and Jamal are invited to interview at Harvard, their behavior during the meeting is nothing short of hilarious. From Jamal’s impromptu rap performance to Silas’s over-the-top storytelling, the absurdity of the situation is played up for maximum laughs. The contrast between the two characters and the straight-laced interviewer creates a perfect comedic dynamic.
- Experimenting with different strains of marijuana: Throughout the movie, Silas and Jamal experiment with various strains of marijuana, each with its own unique effects. From the super-charged “Ghostbuster” to the mind-bending “Black Beauty,” the characters’ reactions to these different strains provide plenty of comedic moments. Their exaggerated physical and mental states are both hilarious and relatable.
- Silas and Jamal’s encounters with authority figures: Whether it’s their goofy interactions with the campus security guard or their run-ins with the dean, Silas and Jamal’s encounters with authority figures are consistently funny. The characters’ laid-back attitude and disregard for rules lead to outrageous situations that are guaranteed to make you laugh.
The laugh out loud moments in How High are endless. From the witty dialogue to the physical comedy, this cult classic is sure to keep you entertained from start to finish.
Jefferson Washington: “I feel sorry for your mother.”
Silas P. Silas: “Why?”
Jefferson Washington: “Because she has to wake up every morning and know that she’s the mother of a complete retard.”
Jefferson Washington: “Nah, I’m here man. I had to work. You know, after the show, I work. Wipe down the poles, after the hoes. But, uh, listen man, do you really think it’s a good idea going to this place?”
Silas P. Silas: “Why not?”
Jefferson Washington: “Oh, I don’t know. It’s just… it’s Harvard.”
Jefferson Washington: “I got a joint here, man. I’ve been saving it for a special occasion.”
Silas P. Silas: “The Chinese rocket test failure was a special occasion.”
Jefferson Washington: “True. But this is the shit that killed Elaine.”
Jefferson Washington: “If you’re gonna be dealing with drugs, you should have a cover.”
Silas P. Silas: “What’s my cover?”
Jefferson Washington: “A library. Librarians don’t deal drugs.”
Dean Cain: “You have smoked yourself retarded.”
Bartender: “You want anything else?”
Silas P. Silas: “Yeah, get me another Scotch and a wine glass full of weed.”
|Silas P. Silas||“Why?”|
|Jefferson Washington||“Because she has to wake up every morning and know that she’s the mother of a complete retard.”|
|Jefferson Washington||“Oh, I don’t know. It’s just… it’s Harvard.”|
|Silas P. Silas||“The Chinese rocket test failure was a special occasion.”|
|Jefferson Washington||“True. But this is the shit that killed Elaine.”|
|Silas P. Silas||“What’s my cover?”|
|Jefferson Washington||“A library. Librarians don’t deal drugs.”|
|Dean Cain||“You have smoked yourself retarded.”|
|Bartender||“You want anything else?”|
|Silas P. Silas||“Yeah, get me another Scotch and a wine glass full of weed.”|
The movie “How High” is filled with hilarious one-liners that have become iconic in the comedy world. Here are some of the most memorable quotes from the cult classic:
- “I got asthma, I can’t smoke no weed!” – Silas
- “The blunt got you…seeing shit?” – Jamal
- “I’ma get you high today, ’cause it’s Friday; you ain’t got no job… and you ain’t got shit to do!” – Craig
- “It’s not weed, it’s angel dust!” – Bart
- “Only fuckin’ with me ’cause I’m the president of the Black Student Union!” – Dean Cain
- “I knew her man, she was crazy as hell. Always had a knife on her. Called the bitch ‘shankisha.'” – I Need Money
These quotes perfectly capture the comedic and absurd nature of the film, leaving audiences laughing out loud. Whether you’re a fan of “How High” or just looking for a good laugh, these one-liners are sure to entertain.
Disclaimer: The quotes listed above are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken out of context.
Quotes That Became Pop Culture References
How High is a cult classic that has spawned numerous quotes that have become popular culture references. These quotes are often used in everyday conversation, social media posts, and memes. Here are some of the most memorable lines from the film:
- “I’ll hit that shit, but I ain’t trying to eat it!” – Silas
- “Time is an illusion. It’s not real. It’s just a fucking clock.” – Jamal
- “Hey, baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?” – Thurgood
- “The world needs ditch diggers too, Danny.” – Dean Cain
- “Excuse me, miss, but how do I put this delicately? I suck dick for crack.” – Thurgood
- “I just gave my last piece of crack to the needy. You’re gonna have to wait.” – Thurgood
- “Sometimes when you smoke, you get hungry. And when you get hungry, you need to eat. And when you need to eat, you get fat. And when you get fat, bitch, I’ll never fuck.” – Thurgood
- “I’m all fucked up on drugs, man.” – Bartender
These quotes have become iconic and are often used to evoke laughter or as a way to reference the film. They showcase the humor and irreverence of How High and have become ingrained in popular culture.
Why “How High” Still Has Us Laughing
Released in 2001, “How High” quickly became a cult classic due to its hilarious plot, memorable characters, and quotable lines. Even after almost two decades, the movie still has us laughing with its outrageous humor and over-the-top antics.
One of the reasons “How High” continues to be funny is its unique blend of stoner humor and college comedy. The film follows two underachieving marijuana enthusiasts, Silas (played by Method Man) and Jamal (played by Redman), who gain admission to Harvard University thanks to the magical properties of a special strain of weed.
The contrast between Silas and Jamal’s laid-back attitudes and the highly prestigious and competitive environment of Harvard creates numerous comedic moments. From their unconventional study methods to their unconventional approach to college life, the duo’s antics are sure to leave audiences in stitches.
But it’s not just the main characters who bring the laughs. “How High” also features an eclectic supporting cast, including characters like the ghost of Benjamin Franklin (played by Jeffrey Jones) and Ivory (played by Essence Atkins), a fellow student who becomes Jamal’s love interest. Each character brings their own comedic flair to the movie, contributing to the overall hilarity.
Of course, one of the biggest reasons “How High” still makes us laugh is its collection of memorable quotes. Lines like “I’ll be the judge of that” and “You wanna see something? I’ll show you something” have become iconic in the stoner comedy genre. These quotes, along with many others, are often repeated and referenced by fans of the movie, further cementing its status as a comedic classic.
In addition to its humor, “How High” also incorporates social commentary on topics like education, race, and the war on drugs. While the movie’s primary focus is on making us laugh, it doesn’t shy away from addressing important issues, allowing for a deeper appreciation of the film.
Overall, “How High” continues to be a beloved comedy that has stood the test of time. Its unique blend of stoner humor, college comedy, and social commentary, along with its unforgettable characters and quotes, make it a must-watch for anyone in need of a good laugh.
Question and answer:
What is “How High” movie about?
“How High” is a comedy film that follows the story of two underachieving potheads who manage to get into Harvard University through supernatural means and use their unique abilities to succeed academically and socially.
Who are the main characters in “How High” movie?
The main characters in “How High” movie are Silas and Jamal, portrayed by rappers Method Man and Redman respectively.
What are some funny quotes from “How High” movie?
Some funny quotes from “How High” movie include “I wrote this on Hemp paper”, “See this paper here? I can write high on it. You don’t know what I’m writing”, and “That squirrel is stalking me”.
Was “How High” a commercial success?
No, “How High” was not a commercial success. While it gained a cult following over time, it initially received mixed reviews and didn’t perform well at the box office.
Can “How High” movie be considered a cult classic?
Yes, “How High” has gained a cult following over the years and is often considered a cult classic due to its unique humor and memorable quotes.