As a business owner, you’re constantly looking for ways to generate more leads and attract potential customers. One effective method is to add a “Request a Quote” feature on your Google business listing. This feature allows users to directly request quotes for your products or services, making it easier for them to engage with your business.
Adding the “Request a Quote” feature on Google is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of adding this feature to your Google business listing, helping you to increase customer engagement and ultimately boost your sales.
To start, you’ll need to log in to your Google My Business account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can easily create one by following the prompts on the Google My Business website. Once you’re logged in, navigate to your business listing and select the “Info” tab. This is where you’ll find all the options to edit your business information.
Next, scroll down to the “Add attributes” section and click on the “Edit” button next to it. Here, you’ll find a list of available attributes that you can add to your business listing. Look for the “Request a Quote” attribute and toggle the switch to turn it on. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the page.
Now that you’ve added the “Request a Quote” attribute to your Google business listing, users will be able to see and use this feature when they search for your business on Google. When a user selects the “Request a Quote” button, they will be prompted to fill in their contact information and provide details about the quote they’re requesting. This information will then be sent directly to your specified email address, allowing you to respond promptly and provide the user with the requested quote.
Why add “Request a Quote” on Google?
Adding a “Request a Quote” feature on Google can provide numerous benefits for businesses. Here are some reasons why you should consider adding this feature:
- Attract Potential Customers: By offering the option to request a quote directly on Google, you can capture the attention of potential customers who are actively searching for products or services similar to what your business offers.
- Convenience: Requesting a quote on Google eliminates the need for customers to visit your website or make a phone call to inquire about pricing. They can simply fill out a form or send a message directly from their search results, making the process more convenient for them.
- Increased Conversion Rates: Making it easy for customers to request a quote can lead to higher conversion rates. When customers have immediate access to a quote request option, they are more likely to take the next step and inquire about your product or service.
- Competitive Advantage: Adding a “Request a Quote” feature on Google can give your business a competitive edge. If your competitors are not offering this option, you have an opportunity to stand out and attract customers who prefer to request quotes directly from the search results.
- Improved Customer Experience: By providing a seamless way for customers to request quotes, you can enhance their overall experience with your brand. Customers appreciate businesses that make it easy to communicate and inquire about pricing, leading to higher customer satisfaction.
- Trackable Data: When customers request quotes through Google, you can track and analyze the data to gain insights into their behaviors and preferences. This information can help you refine your marketing strategies and improve your offerings.
- Enhanced Visibility: Having a “Request a Quote” feature on Google can enhance your online visibility. When customers search for products or services related to your business, your listing with a quote request option can appear prominently, increasing your chances of attracting potential customers.
In conclusion, adding a “Request a Quote” feature on Google can be highly beneficial for businesses, attracting potential customers, improving conversion rates, and providing a convenient and positive experience for customers. It also gives you a competitive advantage and valuable data for analysis.
Step 1: Claim your Google My Business listing
Before you can add the “Request a Quote” feature on Google, you need to claim and verify your Google My Business listing. This allows you to manage your business information and engage with potential customers on Google.
Here are the steps to claim your Google My Business listing:
- Sign in to your Google account: Visit https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in using your Google account credentials.
- Find your business: Use the search bar to find your business on Google. If your business doesn’t appear, click on the link provided to add your business to Google.
- Select your business: If your business appears in the search results, click on it to select it.
- Confirm your business: Verify that you have the authority to manage the business by clicking on “Confirm now” or “I am authorized to manage this business”.
- Choose verification method: Select the verification method that works best for you. This can be done either by mail, phone, email, or instant verification if you have already verified your business with Google Search Console.
- Enter your contact information: Provide the necessary contact information requested by Google to complete the verification process.
- Verify your business: Follow the instructions provided by Google to verify your business. This may involve receiving a verification code by mail or phone, or confirming your email address.
- Access your Google My Business account: Once your business is verified, you can access your Google My Business account and start managing your business information.
Claiming your Google My Business listing is an essential first step in adding the “Request a Quote” feature on Google. It allows you to showcase your business and communicate with potential customers who are interested in getting a quote for your products or services.
Step 2: Enable messaging feature
After setting up your Google My Business account and claiming your business profile, you can enable the messaging feature to allow customers to request a quote directly through Google.
Here’s how you can enable the messaging feature:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account.
- Click on the “Info” tab on the left-side menu.
- Scroll down to the “Messaging” section.
- Click the “Turn on messaging” button.
- Enter the phone number or email address where you want to receive messages from customers.
- Click “Save” to enable the messaging feature.
Once the messaging feature is enabled, customers will be able to see a “Message” button on your business profile when they search for your business on Google.
It’s important to regularly check and respond to messages from customers promptly to provide excellent customer service. You can use the Google My Business app or log in to your account to check and respond to messages.
Enabling the messaging feature on Google can help you streamline the process of receiving quote requests from potential customers and improve your overall customer experience.
Step 3: Set up “Request a Quote” button
In order to add a “Request a Quote” button on your Google business listing, follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account.
- Locate the “Info” tab on the left-hand side menu and click on it.
- In the “Info” section, scroll down until you find the “Add content” option and click on the pencil icon next to it.
- From the options that appear, select “Add button”. This will allow you to set up a custom button for your listing.
- Choose the type of button you want to add, in this case, select “Request a Quote”.
- Next, enter the URL where the user will be redirected when they click on the button. This could be a contact form, a request a quote page on your website, or any other destination where users can request a quote.
- Add a suitable label for the button, such as “Request a Quote”.
- Choose the preferred button style, either “Standard” or “Outline”.
- Preview the button to see how it will appear on your listing.
- Click “Apply” to save your changes.
Once you have completed these steps, the “Request a Quote” button will be added to your Google business listing. Users will then be able to easily request a quote from your business through this button.
Step 4: Customize your “Request a Quote” form
Once you have enabled the “Request a Quote” feature on Google, you can customize the form to gather the necessary information from your customers. Here are the steps to customize your “Request a Quote” form:
- Open Google My Business and go to your business profile.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Scroll down and find the “Request a Quote” section.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to “Request a Quote”.
- Customize the form fields based on your business needs. You can add, delete, or rearrange the fields.
- Provide clear instructions for each field to guide your customers on what information to enter.
- Consider adding a checkbox for customers to agree to your terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
By customizing your “Request a Quote” form, you can collect specific details from your customers that will help you provide accurate quotes. Make sure to regularly check the form submissions and respond promptly to potential customers.
Step 5: Monitor and respond to quote requests
Once your “Request a Quote” feature is set up and live on Google, you need to ensure that you monitor and respond to quote requests promptly. Here are some steps to help you stay on top of the process:
- Regularly check your Google My Business account: Login to your Google My Business account and navigate to the “Messages” section to see if you have received any new quote requests.
- Set up notifications: Enable notifications for quote requests so that you receive an alert whenever someone submits a request. This way, you can respond promptly and not miss any potential leads.
- Respond in a timely manner: When you receive a quote request, make sure to respond as soon as possible. Quick response times demonstrate professionalism and can give you an edge over your competitors.
- Provide accurate and detailed quotes: Take the time to gather all the necessary information about the customer’s needs and provide a thorough and accurate quote. This will help build trust and improve the chances of securing the business.
- Keep track of your quote requests: Maintain a record of all the quote requests you receive, including the customer’s contact information, the date of the request, and any follow-up actions taken. This organized approach will help you stay organized and provide better customer service.
- Monitor customer feedback: Pay attention to any feedback or reviews left by customers who have used the “Request a Quote” feature. Address any concerns or issues promptly and professionally to maintain a positive reputation.
By following these steps, you can effectively monitor and respond to quote requests received through Google, improving your chances of converting leads into loyal customers.
Question and answer:
What is the benefit of having a “Request a Quote” feature on my Google listing?
Adding a “Request a Quote” feature to your Google listing allows potential customers to easily inquire about the price and availability of your products or services. It provides a convenient way for users to directly communicate with your business and can help increase your conversion rate.
How can I add a “Request a Quote” button to my Google listing?
To add a “Request a Quote” button to your Google listing, first, make sure you have a verified Google My Business profile. Then, go to the “Info” tab in your Google My Business dashboard and scroll down to the “Add a short name” section. Click on the pencil icon to edit your short name, and add “/quote” at the end. Save your changes, and the “Request a Quote” button will appear on your Google listing.
Can I customize the “Request a Quote” button?
Currently, Google does not offer customization options for the “Request a Quote” button. However, you can customize the chat experience by adding pre-written messages or frequently asked questions to provide more information to potential customers.
Do I need to have a specific type of business to add a “Request a Quote” button?
No, the “Request a Quote” button is available for all types of businesses on Google. Whether you offer products, services, or both, you can add the button to your listing and enable potential customers to inquire about pricing, availability, or any other specific details they need.
Can I receive quote requests through email?
Yes, when a potential customer submits a quote request through the “Request a Quote” button on your Google listing, you will receive the request via email. Make sure to regularly check your inbox and respond promptly to any inquiries to provide excellent customer service and increase your chances of converting leads into customers.
Does adding a “Request a Quote” button affect my Google ranking?
Currently, there is no official information suggesting that adding a “Request a Quote” button directly affects your Google ranking. However, providing a seamless and convenient user experience can indirectly impact your ranking, as it can contribute to positive user engagement signals, such as increased click-through rates and time spent on your website.